lunes, 21 de febrero de 2011

Esquizofrenia Bilingüe

Early on in my childhood my mum thought it convenient to have me split in two. And so, she took me to after-school English lessons. I  don't recall being wooed by it,  but it didn't bother me either. As time went by, I came to realise that I would be able to put this knowledge to good use; particularly to thread my way through that realm of uncertainty called The Future.

So I became an English Studies/Languages undergraduate and both an ESL and a Spanish as a second language teacher. I also became a Spanish Studies undergrad wannabe, a failed writer and a bilingual schizophrenic. In other words, Spanish is my vessel and English, my lifeboat.
 
Now I've decided to take the Cambridge English Proficiency to get my knowledge of  Shakespeare and Paris Hilton's native tongue a well-deserved makeover.  And, following the steps of smug hipsters, I hereby pronounce this my English-Spanish blog.

Wish me luck or, even better, join me in a flood of hopelessly  loopy and ludicrous reflections on Language.

Welcome to Esquizofrenia Bilingüe.  Please fasten your seatbelts.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario